Under the overall guidance/supervision of the Regional Director and a dotted reporting line to the Chief, Resource Mobilization Branch (RMB), the individual - located in a regional office - will focus on the development and implementation of a Regional Resource Mobilization Strategy and on building and coordinating Regional Office resource mobilization, partnership and private sector outreach capacity. He/she will also provide capacity building to Country Offices (COs).
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in international relations, international development, public administration, communication, management or other related field;
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in Resource Mobilization or partnerships building, including at least 5 at the international level;
- Established track record in fund raising and public-private sector partnerships;
- Relevant work experience with UN, bi-lateral, international donors/agencies and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies, knowledge of international development policies and institutions, international politics an advantage;
- Excellent English language skills, spoken and written, is a requirement;
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset.