IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Program Associate will join IREX’s Information & Media Practice (I&M) to support programmatic and financial management for programs in a variety of regions. The Program Associate will contribute to day-to-day administration, including financial monitoring, events and logistics support, and grants management. In addition, the Program Associate will support overall I&M practice administration as assigned.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with subgrant and contractual management, including drafting subawards and contracts, tracking budgets, and preparing payment requests;
- Support travel and event logistics;
- Prepare and edit internal and external communications, including reports, publicity materials, and social media content;
- Assist with research projects, including for business development;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation, including data collection and reporting;
- Process and maintain procurement records and financial records, and review payment requests and invoices for accuracy and compliance;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, international relations, or a related field
- Experience managing administrative tasks
- Experience with financial management and budget tracking
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English required
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize
- Pursuing or completed an MA in international affairs, international development, or a related field
- Experience providing subaward management and oversight
- Experience with external communications, including report writing and social media management.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*