The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is looking for a colleague to support civic space programs around the world. ICNL works with governments, civil society organizations, and the international community to develop enabling legal frameworks for civil society, philanthropy, and public participation in over 100 countries.
The Program Assistant is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office. Working under the direction of ICNL’s Vice-President – Programs, the Program Assistant will provide administrative assistance in the implementation of the Africa, Latin America, and Middle East/North Africa programs and projects. Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Support regional teams in design and management of country and thematic projects, including management of local partner grant projects, monitoring of project budgets, and processing program and financial reports;
- Assist regional teams with monitoring and evaluation of projects by developing M&E plans and maintaining M&E data;
- Identify new opportunities for program development and help prepare funding proposals;
- Assist in the planning and preparation of national-level meetings and events; and
- Conduct research and media monitoring on topics relating to civil society and civic space.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in nonprofit projects;
- Familiarity with grant management;
- Experience with budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Experience in event organizing an advantage;
- Familiarity with US Government grant rules and regulations an advantage;
- Experience with Latin America, Africa, and/or the Middle East/North Africa an advantage;
- Knowledge about civil society, human rights, international development and related issues an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; and
- The candidate must also possess legal authorization to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with an application deadline of October 20, 2017. Please send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected]. The subject line should state “Program Assistant.” Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.