The project is a multi-donor partnership initiative to advance international criminal justice in Africa, with three main objectives, namely to:
- Develop and implement collaborative and strategic grant making to advance international criminal justice through focused and effective advocacy;
- Foster civil society networking and capacity strengthening for concerted regional advocacy against impunity;
- Serve as a resource to donors for informed programming on the subject (starting with comprehensive scoping studies of key issues and actors on the landscape of international criminal justice in Africa).
The project’s strategies include grant making, peer learning, convenings and knowledge building which can help to consolidate the advances already made in international criminal justice in Africa, and improve relations among international players in international criminal justice.
The Project Associate will provide administrative and management support to the project in the areas of project management, grant-making, grant monitoring, convenings and documentation.
The Project Associate will work under the supervision of the Project Director and in close collaboration with the Program Officer, and liaise with other staff as per the following:
- Conduct background research and literature reviews in support of project activities and pre-grant due diligence;
- Assist in planning and conducting project convenings;
- Interface with grantees and providing support throughout the grant cycle, including collecting due diligence for proposals, budgets and grant reports;
- Assist in day to day management of the project, including tracking the project budget and workplan;
- Manage databases of organizations, individuals, and other key stakeholders working to advance international criminal justice in Africa;
- Assist in preparing project updates;
- Manage rapporteuring of project meetings and steering committees conference calls;
- Perform other administrative functions as required by Project Director.
- University degree in law, political science, international relations, public policy or any other areas relevant to the post;
- Excellent project support and administrative skills and 3 to 5 years’ experience;
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with prompt follow-through, careful attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point, etc.;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in English and French;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a helpful and personable attitude, and evident desire to assist grantees;
- Reliability and ability to accept and act on constructive criticism;
- Sound judgment and commitment to TrustAfrica’s core values of collaboration, accountability and efficiency.
Please submit in English: a cover letter, a detailed CV describing your professional experience, and full contact information for three references. Only complete applications will be considered. Applications can be submitted by email to: Rokhaya Seye Operations Manager: [email protected]
Please mention “Project Associate- ICJ” on the email subject. Please include your telephone number and Skype in your cover letter and indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*