The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) helps companies create U.S. jobs through the export of U.S. goods and services for priority development projects in emerging economies. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions, while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries. For more information about USTDA, please visit our website at https://www.ustda.gov/about/
USTDA is ranked among the top three federal agencies in its category and government-wide, based on key indices measured by the 2016 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey administered by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). These key indices measure employee engagement and employee perceptions of the inclusivity of their agencies. For more information on the survey, please see www.fedview.opm.gov.
The Office of Program Monitoring and Evaluation tracks and analyzes the outcomes of the agency's activities and monitors programs for compliance, recommending corrective actions and overseeing the close-out procedures for funding activities. As a Program Evaluation Manager, you will conduct rigorous analysis of USTDA's programmatic results and utilize evaluation evidence to inform decision-making and strengthen the agency's impact. You will evaluate the outcomes and impacts of large, complex infrastructure planning projects in emerging markets, and assess trends across multiple countries, regions and sectors.
As a Program Evaluation Manager typical work assignments include:
- Implement and manage the continuous evaluations of USTDA programs to assess the outcomes and impacts of the agency's investments. Oversee the services provided by outside Evaluation Contractors, including reviewing work product and ensuring compliance with contract terms. Calculate key project performance metrics, ensuring that metrics are reported accurately and consistently to uphold accountability and transparency with external stakeholders. Utilize the data and evidence from these evaluations, and provide significant input into agency regional program funding decisions, agency strategic planning, and agency reporting to internal and external audiences.
- Maintenance in the agency evaluation and performance data using databases, files and records, ensuring they are accurate and up-to-date. Oversee data aggregation and analysis, ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data capture, storage, analysis and visualization. Develop and utilize complex databases, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, reports and tables in order to present findings and conclusions. Prepare reports, papers and memos analyzing empirical results of projects, ensuring information reported is accurate and complete.
- Provide guidance and data analysis to support the monitoring of programs to ensure USTDA's funding is delivered effectively. Review documents produced during the program and project life-cycle and ensure USTDA's files and records are complete with regard to federal record-keeping guidance.
- Communicate frequently with U.S. businesses, U.S. government agencies and foreign entities on behalf of the agency to collect key data and information regarding USTDA's results. Work collaboratively with USTDA Program staff, Office of the General Counsel, and other departments to collect and convey evaluation findings.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Background and security investigation for Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized
- Selected candidate may be subject to a one-year probationary period.
This position contains a selective placement factor (SPF) that is part of the minimum requirement of the position. If you do not meet the SPF, you are ineligible for further consideration. The SPF for this position is: Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis of programmatic performance for large-scale international infrastructure projects.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*