The Intelligence Analyst is a substantive expert for the region, knowledgeable of the major issues of interest to clients and able to speak with confidence to their concerns. The analyst will be expected to monitor real-time events in the region, prioritize those situations, and draft well-written intelligence products with minimal supervision.
The Analyst will be committed to providing timely, accurate, and relevant intelligence to iJET clients in the form of brief tactical alerts, situation reports, in-depth assessments, and periodic special reports. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to respond professionally to quick-turnaround client requests in writing and/or on the telephone, and may be called upon to conduct client-facing briefings or webinars. The incumbent will be a self-starter, composed under pressure, and have demonstrated high quality written and verbal skills.
- Serves as subject matter expert for countries within the assigned region;
- Monitors sources in for events, concerns, or indicators of concerns that may have personal safety or business continuity ramifications;
- Drafts concise, accurate, error-free intelligence;
- Performs back-up duties on other regions;
- Interacts professionally with clients in written and verbal communications;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Education and Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g. International Relations, Political Science, Area Studies, Economics, Foreign Language);
- Foreign language proficiency required.
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment backgroung check.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a related field (e.g. Analysis, Security, Risk Management);
- Mentoring experience;
- Work/study experience in the region required.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Effective supervisory skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Foreign language capability;
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills preferred.
Extensive periods of sitting are required. The analyst must be available to work a flexible shift schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*