**This position is contingent upon receipt of funding**
CRDF Global has a contingent job opportunity for a Project Manager supporting the Scientific and Technical Engagement Partnership (STEP) Program of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (CBEP).
The Project Manager will develop and manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of an assigned project portfolio to ensure that projects are administered and implemented in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and client objectives. Projects may include grant making, planning and execution of conferences, meetings, workshops, and training sessions, deployment of subject matter experts on short or long-term assignments, or other efforts aimed at fulfilling client objectives. The work may involve developing new relationships and identifying and securing new sources of funding.
- Manages a portfolio of projects, applies best project management practices. Oversees timely on-scope and on-budget completion of projects, conferences, meetings, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Initiates workflows, prepares reports, reviews grantee reports, monitors project progress, manages budgets
- Develops and implements monitoring and evaluation plan for each assigned project
- Recruits and communicates with consultants, and responds to advanced questions or non-routine problems
- Participates in managing stakeholder relations and networking with clients
- Participates in the interviewing and on-boarding of interns, assigns tasks to interns
- Participates in development efforts, develops concepts and new project ideas
- Represents CRDF Global at external events
- Supports other programs and staff, as required
- Travels within the U.S. and internationally to participate in, facilitate, or follow up on events as appropriate
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including international project/program management experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in an international organization or other international experience
- Sufficient understanding of scientific research processes or other relevant issues desirable in order to be credible with contacts with the scientific community
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrates strong diplomatic and negotiating skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Experience with U.S. Government and international biological threat reduction programs in the fields of biosafety and biosecurity; disease surveillance, diagnosis, reporting, and response; and cooperative research with global partners is highly desired
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.