CRDF Global seeks an experienced Project Manager to support our implementation of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). Under the supervision of the Associate Director and in consultation with the U.S. Department of State Program Officers, the Project Manager will have primary responsibility for designing and developing professional exchange programs and study tours for international visitors selected by the U.S. government. Each project focuses on a substantive theme, which may include: border security, counterterrorism, democracy and human rights, economic and business development, international crime, media, rule of law, science and technology, U.S. foreign policy, women’s empowerment, and U.S. government and political systems.
The Project Manager will develop and manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of an assigned project portfolio to ensure that projects are consistent with CRDF Global and client objectives. The Project Manager will also work with Community Based Members (CBMs) of Global Ties U.S. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be capable of meeting tight deadlines. In addition to the Associate Director, the Project Manager will work with a team consisting of one to two Program Assistants, one to two Travel and Event Managers and one to two interns.
- Coordinate with the U.S. Department of State Program Officers to design and develop project proposals and itineraries that meet the stated project objectives.
- Ensure each project has balanced and appropriate content and geographic balance.
- Arrange professional meetings in the Washington, D.C. area for each project.
- Provide CBMs with guidance on project itineraries for their city, background information on each visitor and information on the overall project; oversee and monitor each CBM’s projects.
- Maintain electronic and verbal communication with U.S. Department of State Program Officers, CBMs, and interpreters/liaisons on all significant developments from project planning to implementation to closeout.
- Manage all financial and administrative aspects of each project.
- Prepare reports and evaluations on each project.
- Manage a portfolio of projects and apply best project management practices.
- Oversee timely on-scope and on-budget completion of each project.
- Participates in the interviewing and on boarding of interns.
- Assigns tasks to Program Assistants or interns.
- Work closely with a Travel and Events Manager to ensure completion of logistical needs.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in managing international projects
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies or related field
- Familiarity with international exchange program policies and regulations; ability to design programs that respond to a diverse range of topics and geographic needs.
- Familiarity with other countries, peoples and cultures
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of databases
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Exceptional organizational skills/attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
- Superior written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Master’s degree in international studies or related field
- Specialized expertise in one or more of IVLP’s thematic areas indicated above
- Experience living/working outside the U.S.
- Knowledge of a foreign language (Arabic, Turkish, French, Spanish, Russian)
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.