Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical support in the development and implementation of the Fund’s EVAWG/HP programmes:
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for the delivery of technical assistance, policy advocacy and programme support for the Fund;
- Work in close collaboration with the Fund’s core implementing agencies, including to review and vet country programme proposals;
- Provide technical support in the contextualization/localization of programme documents and country strategies;
- Provide technical and operational assistance to the Fund’s programme teams;
- Provide direct support to the Senior Technical Advisor on technical assistance needs.
Provide capacity development support on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management for the Fund’s programmes:
- Provide technical inputs to the development of a capacity development on EVAWG/HP strategy for the fund and ensure its implementation;
- Develop and convene high-quality capacity development workshops for the Fund’s programmes on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management, working directly with the Fund’s core implementing agencies;
- Provide evidence-based knowledge including research, good practices, upstream policy analysis, design and development of guidance and operational tools aimed at strengthening the Fund’s response to EVAWG/HP;
- Coordinate the provision of training and coaching on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management to the Fund’s Programme teams and implementing partners at regional and national levels;
- Provide advice/information/guidance to the Fund’s programme managers/specialists on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management;
- Provide technical inputs to the establishment of partnerships with governments, regional evaluation associations, networks and academic institutions to promote capacity development on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management.
Strengthen knowledge building and management of the Fund’s programmes at global, regional and country levels:
- Draft the knowledge management strategy for the Fund and ensure its implementation;
- Provide technical support to development of high-quality knowledge products for the Fund;
- Ensure that the knowledge generated from the Fund’s programming is thoroughly documented, stored, disseminated, used for institutional learning and shared with partners;
- Establish Communities of Practice and mobilize technical officers of national and regional programmes to share experiences, lessons-learned and good practices;
- Provide technical Support to key intra-regional South-South/Triangular Cooperation opportunities in close collaboration with of the Fund’s core implementing agencies, funds and programmes;
- Keep abreast of developments in the area of EVAWG/HP, exploring innovative approaches;
- Coordinate and Contribute to the active exchange of information with the Fund’s programme teams;
- Manage the Fund’s Community (ies) of Practice;
- Provide technical and coordination support to global meetings of the Fund.
Coordinate the collection of good practices and lessons-learned for scale up and replication of the Fund’s activities:
- Develop guidance and training materials for the identification and collection of good practices and lessons learned at the level of country and national programmes;
- Coordinate the design of a data base and knowledge platform for the identification, collection, and dissemination to the Fund’s programme teams and relevant stakeholders’ best practices and lessons learned on EVAWG/HP policies and programming;
- Develop a strategy for dissemination of lessons-learned and good practices outside of the Fund;
- Develop a Technical Guide for replication based on the experiences and lessons learnt from national and regional programmes.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as and when requested by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and high-quality implementation of the Fund’s capacity development and knowledge management strategies;
- Timely provision of high-quality trainings and capacity development workshops on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management;
- Timely and high-quality advanced technical support and guidance to the Fund’s programme teams in line with workplan;
- High-quality and timely systems for tracking/monitoring of the Fund’s programmes developed and implemented;
- Number of monitoring visits to countries and regional supported by the Fund.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of gender equality, women’s human rights and EVAWG/HP issues;
- Technical knowledge of policies and programmes on gender equality and EVAWG/HP, including on the forms in Fund’s regional thematic focus areas;
- Experience in working on rights based approaches including intervention models to address multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination;
- Strong understanding of various methodologies in capacity development on gender equality, and/or EVAWG/HP and knowledge management;
- Ability to contribute to the development of the most efficient and effective capacity development and knowledge management strategies;
- Ability to collect reliable, valid and accurate information in an objective way;
- Ability to develop partnerships to promote knowledge on EVAWG/HP in the UN system and with national and regional partners;
- Strong training and coaching skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in evaluation or relevant social science or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience working on gender equality and human rights, especially in the area of EVAWG/HP;
- Experience working in developing countries;
- Experience providing capacity development support to gender equality and human rights programmes/initiatives, especially in the area of EVAWG/HP;
- Experience in knowledge management on gender equality and EVAWG/HP.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*