Supergrid is looking for an enthusiastic candidate as an intern to join the Secretariat in Brussels for 6 months.
The Internship is open to young professionals, including students enrolled in an academic educational institute. The objective of the programme is to provide the intern with an opportunity to work on Energy Education and European energy policy in an international environment.
Tasks of the intern:
- Monitoring energy education activities at international level;
- Assist in preparing actions and project proposals on Energy Education;
- Monitoring the developments in the EU’s energy policy;
- Monitoring the EU Institutions agendas;
- Drafting briefs and memoranda;
- Take part in technical researches on worldwide energy projects;
- Attending energy workshops, conferences and seminars; and
- Support to the team, including in the organisation of high-level policy events.
- University studies in energy, education, political science, EU studies, international relations, or related fields (preferably in the final stages of studies or a recent graduate);
- Knowledge of and strong interest in EU Energy Union and energy legislation;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, ability to synthesise information and communicate concisely, good analytical and drafting skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications. Affinity to social media tools is a plus;
- Ability to take initiative and to contribute proactively to the operations of a small team;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- This is a paid internship;
- The working contract shall be made under Belgian law; and
- The intern shall be able to work in Belgium.
A request for an internship shall be send by email and accompanied by CV and motivation letter (one page). Excellent command of English is essential.
Via email addressed to Mr. Maria Bouza at [email protected]
The applications will be accepted on a competitive basis. Only a limited number of successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*