Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director and the direct supervision of the Head of the Election Support Unit, the incumbent will provide administrative assistance in developing the proposals for the EC FWC EuropeAid/136781/DH/SER/Multi Lot 1&2 and to assist in the day-to-day implementation of activities related to European Union Electoral Observation Missions (EU EOM) projects in Brussels, in accordance with the Mission Specific contract and terms of reference as well as IOM internal protocols, procedures and regulations.
EU EOM Framework contract Lot 1 and Lot 2 project proposals
- As needed, research and compile information and data relevant to the technical offer for FWC submissions or submissions for specific contracts/projects;
- Draft and edit corresponding annexes to the technical offer as per IOM’s methodology, especially operations plans, procurement plans, CVs of experts, etc.;
- Assist the Project Development Officer as required.
EU EOM Project Assistance (subject to tender award)
In coordination with the designated EU EOM Project Manager, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
- Assist in setting up administrative arrangements linked to issuance of EU EOM personnel contracts; check personal data forms, vaccination and medical records of consultants and election observers prior to deployment;
- Process travel applications and security/medical clearances prior to travel of international personnel;
- Assist with logistical and organizational tasks linked to the deployment arrangements of EU EOM members (including collection of all documents, update of checklists etc.);
- Process visa applications and coordinate with EU EOM personnel as well as embassy staff, as necessary;
- Process EU EOM member’s expense claims and handle any queries in this regard;
- Assist in procurement actions required under each specific contract, e.g. prepare Purchase Requests, Bid Analysis for approval and Purchase Orders;
- Verify invoices and prepare documentation for approval and payment by finance services;
- Draft project documentation (country information, EU EOM Yellow Pages, medical recommendations, and other reports as requested) according to applicable IOM’s and Donor’s formats.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Social Science, Political Science, International Relation or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with one year of relevant professional experience;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in EU EOM implementation is required;
- Ability to manage logistic and administrative aspects of projects;
- Working experience with international organizations, EU institutions and diplomatic authorities is an asset;
- Good level of computer literacy, especially in Excel;
- Knowledge of operational procedures related to national and international ground and air transport as well as in-depth knowledge of medevac procedures involving national and international services.
- Fluency in English and French. Any other EU language is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*