The South Sudan Campaign Team Assistant will support the development, delivery and evaluation of Crisis Action's international campaign work on South Sudan, working closely with the UK Director (who is currently the South Sudan global campaign lead) as well as with the global South Sudan campaign team across Crisis Action’s offices. As part of the Crisis Action UK team, they also will take on tasks outside of this campaign.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Providing central, internal coordination support for design and delivery of the global South Sudan campaign, including supporting project management of key campaign moments; managing internal timelines for delivery; coordinating the update of central campaign resources by different offices (e.g. sign-on trackers, outreach and pitching lists etc.).
- Organising and taking notes of campaign calls and meetings with the team, partners and allies, experts and government officials - ensuring they are circulated and filed appropriately.
- Monitoring international media and social media to keep abreast of on-the-ground developments in and international policies towards South Sudan, tracking media pick-up of campaign products and collating bi-weekly media updates for partners.
- Supporting the development of campaign products, including social media toolkits and graphics, press releases and joint letters.
- Undertaking research on issues, individuals, contacts relevant to campaign generation and supporting the campaign team to ensure prompt circulation of intel updates.
- Collating input from team or partners on evaluations/ post-action debriefs and surveys.
- Providing administrative support both to the campaign and to the Crisis Action UK office, including:
- Maintaining the central partner and contact database, including partner and media contact lists and records of meetings and activities
- Ensuring all relevant campaign documents are filed in logical and easy-to-find ways and that the conflict folder remains well-organised and easy to use for team
- Updating the evidence of change journal to track and record policy change and impact
- Has excellent organisational administrative and computer/technology skills and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Has top-notch communication skills, and excellent oral and written English.
- Is a good analyst and creative-thinker.
- Is a self-starter, takes the initiative, able to multi-task and flourish in a high-paced environment.
- Has excellent research skills and ability to distil and summarize complex topics into easy-to understand formats for a variety of audiences.
- Has an interest in conflict issues and/or campaigning and advocacy.
- Has direct experience working with civil society organisations and/or government institutions.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE:
- An interest in digital campaigning and graphic design for social media is desirable.
- A prior understanding of the South Sudan conflict is desirable but not essential.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*