Global Counsel’s Europe Team is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing energy and climate change public policy practice in Brussels, working across a range of clients in the sector. The role will focus on EU and Member State public policy, and particularly on the policy challenges arising from the transition to a low carbon economy. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience of working in a rigorous business-related policy or think tank environment, or direct policymaking experience.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver research, analysis and advice for clients on energy and climate change public policy in the EU institutions and Member States, particularly Germany, Italy and the UK;
- Monitor relevant policy, regulatory and political developments, and judge when and how to brief clients;
- Design and support delivery of policy workshops, events and thought leadership for Global Counsel and for clients;
- Identify, prioritise and summarise key client stakeholders across the UK and EU public policy landscape and provide advice on engagement;
- Plan and script engagement with key stakeholders;
- Produce written content, including policy papers, progress reports and marketing material;
- Support business development by researching potential target clients;
- Provide general support to colleagues across the office as required.
- Experience - at least 2 years in government, industry, NGOs, think-tanks or trade associations, ideally with an emphasis on business-related public policy;
- Location – Brussels with regular travel to London and other European capitals;
- Hours – full time.
- Available on request and dependent on experience.
- ASAP. Subject to notice period.
- Please submit your CV and covering letter via our website link or send a copy to [email protected] quoting “Senior Associate – Energy and Climate Change Policy”;
- Deadline for submissions is Friday 8 December 2017;
- Successful candidates will be invited to interview at Global Counsel’s London or Brussels offices on a rolling basis;
- Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we are not able to notify candidates who are not invited to interview.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*