- Provides leadership in the areas of gender and social inclusion to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in these technical areas of work and learning, and civil society and peacebuilding. Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds capacity in country-level, regional and/or global, HO-based program staff. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel;
- Provide technical leadership in gender and social inclusions technical insights in strategy, thought leadership, proposals, and project technical assistance;
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity-building of specific gender and social inclusion components of programs;
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with HO colleagues, field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners;
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components;
- Mentors and builds capacity of staff in Work and Learning and Civil Society and Peacebuilding Departments in technical aspects of gender and social inclusion;
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate gender and social inclusion strategy and remains technically sound;
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs;
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of programs/projects and makes recommendations for enhancements;
- Ensures the quality of implemented gender and social inclusion technical activities and systems;
- Represents the Departments to external entities at professional meetings and conferences;
- Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners;
- Active participant in and contributes to FHI 360 Gender Community of Practice.
• Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field. PhD preferred.
• 8-11 Years of experience in education, health, behavioral, or social sciences or related field.
• Knowledge and experience in specific technical area.
• Informed of current program developments in division/unit/technical area.
• Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
• Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*