The policy analyst will be working directly with OFE staff in the Brussels office. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify and monitor EU policy developments and alerting OFE’s network on relevant issues;
- Prepare and organise events and meetings with the community and policy makers;
- Ad-hoc research on diverse policy areas;
- Contribute to the delivery of EU projects and actively monitor further opportunities;
- Prepare communication material for the website (blog posts, white papers, policy statements) and social media.
This is an intense, highly challenging opportunity. The policy analyst will be in a position to interact with senior figures from OFE’s network and EU policy makers.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an interest in EU policy. He/she has:
- Ability to grasp and communicate on complex policy issues;
- BA/BS degree;
- Interest in the EU decision making process, ideally demonstrated by work experience;
- A good knowledge of and considerable interest in the open-source movement and the IT industry;
- Initiative, is reliable, and able to multi-task and prioritise own work;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Perfect fluency in written and spoken English; other EU languages considered an asset.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*