The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open global network of more than 12,000 practitioners, students, teachers, staff from UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, donors, governments and universities who work together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality education and a safe learning environment in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. The network improves communication and coordination among its members by cultivating and facilitating collaborative relationships and creating opportunities and space for sharing knowledge, developing resources, informing policy, building capacity and undertaking joint advocacy. Find out more at www.ineesite.org.
INEE is recruiting an intern to assist with network communications and knowledge management. This internship presents a unique learning opportunity to work closely with the INEE Secretariat, liaise directly with INEE members around the world, and be part of projects that contribute to education quality in crisis settings. This is an unpaid position, and the work will be in the New York office of the International Rescue Committee or home-based.
Under the direction of the Senior Communications Coordinator, the Intern will provide support to ensure the quality of INEE’s knowledge management, communications, and membership outreach. Duties may include:
- Compile and prepare INEE’s bi-weekly bulletin (BWB) and INEE’s weekly Jobs message.
- Collect and prepare INEE’s monthly Language Community updates for dissemination.
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of INEE Blog posts and listserv messages.
- Promote member feedback mechanisms (e.g., surveys)
Website development and content management
- Assist in the management of the INEE website, including updating content, drafting webpages and features, coordinating translations, activating new content entries, etc.
- Update and maintain the user guides for the website, the online Toolkit, and the INEE listserv.
- Regularly post relevant resources, news, articles, and events on INEE’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Develop social media campaigns relevant to INEE thematic areas and activities, and promote the content of INEE partners.
- Prepare monthly social media activity reports and maintain the social media user guide.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and follow-up of an INEE membership campaign, to motivate members to update their online profiles and email preferences.
- Produce a monthly Membership Snapshot report of the overall INEE membership.
- Manage the bi-annual INEE Meet-Up event.
- Work with Language Community Facilitators to ensure timely translations of member communications when necessary
- Provide general support to the INEE Secretariat, as requested.
- Become familiar with and learn to promote INEE tools and materials.
- Learn to manage content on the INEE website and other web-based tools (e.g. MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Google Apps for Work).
- Enhance writing skills through the development of content for diverse audiences.
- Learn to manage a variety of social media accounts for organizations, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Learn valuable project management skills and interact with INEE members
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: INEE Senior Communications Coordinator, Peter Transburg
Position directly supervises: NA
- Ongoing graduate studies in a relevant field (e.g. education, information management, communications, social work, international relations);
- Strong communication skills: excellent command of English, both spoken and written; knowledge of Spanish, French, Portuguese, and/or Arabic a bonus;
- Experience managing web content, with back-end content management system experience preferred;
- Knowledge of the field of education in emergencies and familiarity with INEE;
- Experience managing complex projects and deadlines involving different partners
- Ability to be flexible and work well independently, under pressure, and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to track and follow-up on various tasks;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills: the ability to draft briefs, reports, and syntheses;
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to successfully interact with a variety of people;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to follow direction and effectively learn and work in an inter-agency environment as well as self-motivate.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*