The Deputy Project Manager – Building Safety and Resilience in the Pacific (BSRP) is responsible for the overall financial and procurement management of the project. This role will support the Project Manager with operational project management activities. The Deputy Project Manager will also monitor and report on the implementation of project activities for BSRP.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as project management, social science or sustainable development.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of project management experience in the Pacific region;
- Strong financial management and procurement experience;
- Leadership experience;
- Experience in capacity building programmes, including design, coordination and implementation of the frameworks;
- Knowledge and prior experience in gender mainstreaming;
- Experience in international development, including the monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Knowledge and prior experience of Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation programmes;
- Experience working on EU funded Projects.
- Ability to coach and mentor project team towards the achievement of strategic and operational goals;
- Results-orientated and high level of attention to detail;
- Flexible approach and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work without supervision;
- Ability to work as part of a small project team;
- Working knowledge of issues related to gender equality and social inclusion;
- Awareness of disaster risk management and natural hazards in the Pacific region;
- Excellent PC-based computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with a working knowledge of French being an advantage;
- Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with member country governments and other regional and international organisations.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*