This Guild position in The New York Times newsroom involves the review and approval of reader comments in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. The ideal candidate will have some experience with Web communities as a manager or contributor along with experience working in online media. Candidates must be willing to work late nights, early mornings and/or on weekends, and can work remotely.
- Maintain a high-quality user experience
- Review comments posted by NYTimes.com readers. Approve comments that meet New York Times standards and delete inappropriate content
- Edit and highlight the best comments on news articles and other pages
- Maintain quick turnaround time
- Compose brief summaries of reader reactions to news events
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Prior experience with online communities or discussion groups
- Basic computer skills. Basic knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems a plus.
- A strong, demonstrable passion in journalism.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines in a daily production environment
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Comfortable with change and willing to adapt to the constant flow of news
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*