The M&E Officer in Gaziantep will assist the M&E team in Amman in the data collection process from field staff in norther Syria. All data will be collected and either transferred to the Amman office or uploaded through the programme’s CMORE system. All reporting of information on the program deliverables will contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as well as programming.
The M&E Officer will work to remotely manage the M&E field staff on implementing activities within selected areas, assuring data quality on all monitored activities.
Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring effective and efficient flow of information from the field to the program;
- Coordinating and remotely managing field staff on a daily basis, and supporting the implementation of field activities in a timely manner;
- Training field staff on their roles and responsibilities in M&E;
- Ensuring that gender considerations and the needs of special populations are fully considered in all evaluation, monitoring, and survey work;
- Overseeing the process of surveys and assessments in the field;
- Organizing and participating in periodic learning opportunities and the presentation of lessons from analytic work;
- Producing monthly reports, including updates that will feed into program Indicators;
- Overseeing special studies and analysis, including lessons learned case studies and success stories, as required;
- Responding to periodic performance data requests;
- Developing tools and mechanisms to monitor program performance and assisting in evaluating the appropriateness and relevance of program implementation strategies;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in International Affairs, International Development, Policy Analysis, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Statistics/Social Research, or related fields;
- Three (3) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of foreign assistance activities;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) required;
- Experience with donor M&E policies and protocols;
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen to and respect colleagues;
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion;
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment;
- Demonstrable results oriented, flexible and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated strong communication and problem-solving skills, results-oriented, flexible;
- Create supportive working relationship among all program components;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*