The joint venture between International SOS and Control Risks combines the world’s leading medical and security risk specialists. Our combined resources and expertise provide a comprehensive suite of travel risk services for mobile employees.
Join our team of dedicated travel security experts, from 30+ nationalities and speaking 30+ languages. Our security subject matter experts have lived and worked in the regions they manage. Their extensive experience includes: analysis, commercial security, crisis management, logistics, military, operational intelligence, and law enforcement. They have qualifications in relevant areas such as risk management, international relations and security studies.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please submit your CV and cover letter by September 5th, 2017
A. Overall Purpose of the Job
The Regional Security Manager – Americas, East Region will drive business development and operational support to the International SOS and Control Risks distribution channels for our suite of travel security membership services, including consulting and training.
B. Key Responsibilities
- Drive security revenue growth in East Region (US and Eastern Canada), through strong collaboration with International SOS sales and marketing teams.
- Work with International SOS to identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Contribute to International SOS’ key account management and planning activities with a focus on penetrating, expanding and protecting key accounts.
- Provide local market, customer and competitor insight.
- Support the sales administration function, including sales support performance reporting, consulting and training delivery reporting and monthly financial reporting.
- Support the development of proposals and service delivery contracts in conjunction with other stakeholders. Manage security input into complex tenders and negotiations.
- Provide close support to regional sales staff (meetings, marketing events, seminars) and assist in explaining the positioning of travel security services to clients and prospects across the region.
- Act as the lead travel security subject matter expert for all clients managed in East Region. Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs/requirements in close collaboration with Business Development Managers/Account Managers and Service Delivery Managers.
Training and Consulting
- Drive the sale of travel security consulting and training in East Region.
- Deliver training and consulting tasks across the region as required and where expertise permits.
- Provide guidance and input into the creation and delivery of:
- Personal Travel Security Awareness Training – including online solutions
- Travel Security Policy
- Travel Security Escalation Plans
- Non-Standard Travel Security Consulting.
- Support product innovation and development efforts based on market feedback and requirements
Operations and Information
- Participate in the Americas Regional Security Center desk roster and 24/7 on-call operations coverage as required.
- Maintain awareness of regional security developments.
- Contribute to the development of regional concept of operations and capability statements as required.
- Proactively build security contacts in the region and contribute to the development and quality of the regions information, advice and assistance capability (including provider network).
- Maintain local official security, government and emergency services contacts.
- Deploy as part of an Incident Management Team in response to an incident where clients require on-the-ground assistance as required.
C. Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Effective communication and representational skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong influencing skills;
- Use of technology for data reporting and online/virtual delivery of services.
- International work (security) experience;
- Experience within the Americas region;
- Experience in security operations management: in military, government, or private sector roles;
- Experience in the planning, development and delivery of training and/or security consulting;
- Business development and/or consulting experience;
- Undergraduate degree (or relevant professional training) in a field related to security or international relations.
- Fluent spoken and written English language
- Spanish or Portuguese preferred
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*