CSIS is seeking a Research Associate to join the Energy and National Security Program. The Research Associate contributes to the development, research, and writing of major reports and projects undertaken by the Program. Responsibilities cross all Program components, including analysis, research, and outreach. Research Associate will work closely with a Senior member of the team on several projects simultaneously, in addition to daily demands. The CSIS Energy and National Security Program looks at strategic energy issues and the complex interconnections of energy with markets, technology, and environment. In addition to providing analysis for policy makers and industry on major demand trends and the world’s key energy suppliers, the program addresses novel energy developments and technological changes aimed at improving efficiency and promoting alternative energy forms.
- Monitors trends and developments in U.S. electricity sector and U.S. energy and climate related regulatory developments as well as the global clean energy and electric power sectors, providing weekly updates to Program staff;
- Contributes to the overall research agenda through research, data and trend analysis, and project development related to the global electricity and renewable energy sectors;
- Contributes to the grant proposal process in order to secure support and funding for new project initiatives;
- Provides written analysis for project areas, reports, and occasional commentaries;
- Plans project roundtables, meetings, briefings, and other events as related;
- Provides support across all Program components as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 2 years work experience with substantive familiarity with energy markets and policy, particularly electricity.
- Strong research and strong writing skills are required, including the ability to write, assess, and edit analytical reports, policy recommendations, commentaries, etc.;
- Should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively present information;
- An understanding of the policy community is highly desirable as is the ability to work collaboratively with other programs in a think tank institution.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*