Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, Siemens improves lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Government to Government (G2G) is a Siemens-induced interaction between the government of an export location and the government of a target market. The goal is to promote strategic and substantive business interests building on strong collaboration with Divisions and Regions. The strategic G2G focus is on market positioning, business development and deal-support.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The objective is to leverage our governmental relations in the United States, proactively in G2G-projects in collaboration with our Corporate Units, Divisions and Regions. These activities aim to create unique selling points to achieve positive top-line business impact for Siemens.
• You will contribute by creating and driving competitive advantages to support our business in winning multi million to billion infrastructure deals by setting up, running and executing G2G projects in all world regions
• You will manage G2G projects and cooperate closely with both the US Government Affairs and the global G2G team
• Jointly with businesses and the regional Siemens organization in the United States you will fully analyze challenges and policies of the US as well as priorities and instruments of supporting governments. You will advise businesses and countries on possible sets of G2G instruments
• You will drive transnational G2G projects in the region to position Siemens as a high value provider to the United States government in the country and abroad. Another important task is to continuously work on the improvement and roll-out of our G2G portfolio. You will have an active dialogue both internally and externally on competitiveness of instruments and idea collection for improvement
• Bachelors Degree in business administration, engineering, or international relations, required. Advanced degree is a plus
• Ten years experience = minimum 5 years experience in project / infrastructure business as well as 5 years experience in a Government Affairs function leading international project teams
• Ability to provide expert guidance on the international affairs geopolitical interests of the United States and policies of governments involved
• Knowledge and strong experience working with Embassies and US State Department
• Knowledge of US foreign trade and instruments related to development policy, USAID and ODA
• Experience with US EXIM bank and with US Commerce Advocacy Center
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25%
• Ability to align internal and external interests in order to jointly create solutions and projects with many internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and communication skills, German and other language skills are desirable
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a complex matrixed organization.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*