ONE is a campaign and advocacy organisation backed by over seven million people from around the world and every walk of life who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE operates from Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris, Rotterdam & Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director - Global Policy will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director, Global Policy. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage demanding schedules, provide meeting and logistical support, and handle travel arrangements. In addition, the role will respond to basic research requests and oversee and manage the flow and exchange of information, and streamline interactions with key constituents. This role will also assist with content creation, research requests and other basic policy work for the team as needs arise. The ideal candidate is flexible with a strong interest in international development, and someone that is able to support multiple high-level staff members across multiple time zones with ease. This is a permanent position based in our Brussels office and will report directly to the Executive Director, Global Policy.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Maintain accurate and detailed calendars for supervisors; manage incoming scheduling requests; proactively communicate changes; and anticipate and respond to scheduling conflicts;
- Organize internal and external meetings, including notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, handling logistics, setting up conference rooms and video-conference, drafting and distributing agendas, taking minutes, as needed; collaborate with other assistants to successfully coordinate schedules across teams; schedule all team meetings;
- Manage all travel arrangements and reservations for the EDGP and other team members as needed;
- Process requests identifying those items requiring priority attention; track and reconcile monthly credit card statements in a timely manner; complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner; and complete other administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of the department;
- Conduct basic research and develop professional presentations, documents, spreadsheets, and/or databases as required;
- Assist with the creation of policy briefs, analysis and other basic policy work under the direction of a Policy Director;
- Provide support to the Policy team as delegated by the Executive Director, Global Policy;
- Prioritize and carryout projects as assigned to ensure efficient operation of the Policy Team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Two years of experience providing support to senior level management;
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with high-profile individuals externally and internally;
- Competence with tracking, coordinating and follow-up of priorities and projects;
- Detail oriented and able to successfully coordinate and prioritize multiple projects/demands;
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Ability to work long hours and travel, as needed;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*