The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (ICNL) is dedicated to strengthening civil society, advancing civic freedoms, and enabling public participation around the world. We seek a Program Assistant for a full-time, entry-level position based in our Washington, DC office. As part of a small team, the Program Assistant will contribute to the promotion of progressive international norms and the support of ICNL’s local partners by providing administrative assistance for ICNL’s global programs. Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Assist in the management of country and thematic projects;
- Support ICNL regional teams in grant management;
- Work with the finance team to monitor spending, contribute to budget versus actual reporting, and coordinate program budget planning;
- Assist with development of M&E plans and drafting of M&E reports;
- Draft donor reports, internal reports for use by ICNL management, and program-related communications for external audiences;
- Assist with research on topics relating to ICNL’s mission; and
- Assist in the organization of international and national-level events.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Superior administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- One to two years of professional experience in nonprofit projects;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, international development, and related issues;
- Familiarity with project management tools;
- Experience with budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Experience working in multinational teams and on complex projects;
- Event organizing experience;
- Familiarity with US Government grant rules and regulations.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected]. The subject line should state “Program Assistant.” Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. ICNL is an equal opportunity employer.