BUSINESSEUROPE IS THE LEADING ADVOCATE FOR GROWTH AND COMPETITIVENESS AT EUROPEAN LEVEL, STANDING UP FOR COMPANIES ACROSS THE CONTINENT AND CAMPAIGNING ON THE ISSUES THAT MOST INFLUENCE THEIR PERFORMANCE. A RECOGNISED SOCIAL PARTNER, WE SPEAK FOR ALL-SIZED ENTERPRISES IN 34 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONAL BUSINESS FEDERATIONS ARE OUR DIRECT MEMBERS.
BUSINESSEUROPE SEEKS TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITION: ADVISER FOR ITS INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DEPARTMENT.
- Monitoring relevant trade negotiations and EU initiatives in the areas of foreign policy, trade and development;
- Developing relevant advocacy actions in what concerns trade and investment negotiations and any initiatives taken by the EU or by Third Countries that might have an impact on international trade and investment;
- Representing EU business interests in international fora;
- Organising high standard international events - including Business Summits – seminars and conferences;
- Having extensive contacts with BUSINESSEUROPE’s member federations;
- Managing working groups;
- Drafting position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations;
- Building and maintaining contacts with EU institutions (Commission, European Parliament, Council).
- A relevant university degree;
- At least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in trade policy;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- Ability to define and lead lobbying strategies;
- Talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- Good networking skills and interpersonal skills;
- Еxcellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of French and of a third European language is an asset;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Office, Internet, social media);
- A pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multi-task, well-organised, flexible.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and full curriculum vitae to: Magali Janson, Human Resources Manager
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*