Unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, early stage, global health nonprofit that is transforming healthcare in developing countries. Expand your knowledge of global health and developing country issues, connect with leading experts in the field, and acquire skills in research, analysis, administration, and project management. This is an exciting opportunity with an organization seeking to change the global health sector.
Aceso Global (www.acesoglobal.org) is a Washington, DC, nonprofit that provides strategic healthcare advisory services to strengthen health systems and achieve affordable, high quality healthcare in developing countries. We advise governments, insurers, foundations and nonprofits in diagnosing problems, devising solutions, and creating value in hospital and healthcare networks. Aceso undertakes research, analysis, and data collection to drive learning and collaboration across the global health community. Our work informs policymaking, healthcare investments, hospital financing, and front-line integrated care improvements.
We are looking for an Analyst to join us to assist with Aceso Global’s communications, administrative and research projects. This is an excellent opportunity with a nimble and dynamic startup that has high-profile international clients and conducts substantive, impactful health sector work. The Analyst will work with, and learn from, leaders in global health, and will have the unique opportunity to take on a variety of meaningful responsibilities. Aceso seeks graduates who want to be international health problem solvers and are eager to work in an innovative environment with significant social impact.
The Analyst should expect to, by the end of his or her term, possess improved research skills, knowledge of unique and exciting new developments in global health, familiarity with technical terms and methodologies used in international health, and experience with contract work with international organizations like the IFC, ADB, World Bank, Gates Foundation and the Global Fund.
Responsibilities under this position include, but are not limited to:
• Project management – Assist in administration of Aceso Global field projects;
• Knowledge management – Review Aceso Global content and materials;
• Thought leadership communication – Support in design and preparation of presentations to communicate Aceso Global's mission to key stakeholders, donors and clients;
• Research – Support organizational research needs (funding opportunities, events, partners, etc.) and technical research needs (papers on health/hospital financing, management, quality, P4P, PPPs; projects on policy advice to national governments), assist in writing white papers, Power Point development; and
• General Administration – Support accounting needs, conference arrangements, travel arrangements, event logistics, project coordination, etc.
Aceso Global is seeking a recent college graduate with an interest in international development and global health. The candidate should be able to think on their feet, be intellectually curious, have excellent writing, editing and management skills, and be excited about working in a startup environment. Regardless of major, a basic understanding of economics is critical and the candidate should have taken a few classes in both economics and statistics/econometrics. Suggested majors include Economics, Political Economy, Foreign Service, International Development, and International Relations. Competency in either Spanish or Portuguese is a requirement; experience living abroad is helpful. The candidate should possess:
• Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; editing experience valued;
• Strong research skills;
• Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment;
• Poise, confidence, and organization and time management skills; and
• Proficiency in written English usage, grammar, and punctuation.
This is a paid, 40-hour a week position; compensation will be discussed at the interview stage.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Abid Shah at [email protected] We are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible. Please use the subject line "2017 Winter Analyst” in all e-mail correspondence. No phone calls or walk-ins. The application deadline is rolling.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*