Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
As a member of IRI Business Development team, the Budget Officer will conduct the initial review of all cost proposals working closely with the proposal team to price out project expenses according to IRI policies and funder requirements. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Operation Policy and Compliance Advisor.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, international relations or related field;
- Three to five years’ professional experience implementing U.S. Government grants and contracts;
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, particularly in budget development and formula utilization.
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, and ability to work under time pressures;
- Strong attention and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program goals.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Conducts the first review of the cost proposals including proposal budgets and budget narratives against IRI policies and proposal requirements;
- Ensure that all cost applications accurately reflect all necessary expenses as required by IRI policies and procedures. When necessary and appropriate, refer staff to the relevant internal policies and procedures;
- Communicates with program and program services staff including individuals located overseas to support cost proposal efforts in response to RFA/P’s and other funder solicitations;
- Leads the cost application development process ensuring cost and price accuracy and completeness against the solicitation and proposed project design;
- Provides guidance on various elements of costs, template and budget notes to support cost proposals;
- Provides cost and pricing support especially around funder regulations and pricing models;
- Assists in developing and presenting training materials;
- Seeks opportunities to streamline cost and pricing processes and strengthening IRI’s business development practices;
- Creates proposal billing codes, tracking proposal expenses, and updating proposal tracking documents with cost information;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*