This position is within the Ethics and Compliance Group in the legal department of Western Digital and reports to the Manager of Global Trade Compliance. Location options: Milpitas, San Jose, or Irvine
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and ensure compliance with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), and foreign government agencies.
- Meet with product development teams to understand and research developing technologies and products for the purpose of export classifications and license determinations.
- Research and classify software, hardware, and technology and submit classification requests and/or applications for licenses to relevant government agencies for all.
- Perform business partner sanctioned party and technology transfer reviews.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to collect and analyze data and with EMEA team members to facilitate foreign encryption filings.
- Maintain all export compliance records in compliance with the company’s record retention policy.
- Provide guidance to Operations teams as needed for export and import issues, including ECCN and HTS classifications.
- Collaborate with various business functions (tax, legal, engineering, NPI, and Supply Chain) to understand needs and build integrated, upstream and forward-looking trade compliance processes.
- Work with Trade Operations and Information Technology on the development and maintenance of Trade Compliance requirements in company’s ERP systems.
- Review university collaboration engagements to ensure compliance with Trade regulations.
- Bachelor degree in international business, international relations, international trade, law degree or a related degree and/or relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, especially Category 5.
- Working knowledge of other country licensing regulations and regimes (e.g. Malaysia, Russia, Israel, France, Hong Kong).
- Experience with the SAP, Global Trade Services (GTS) module and/or Oracle GTM module.
- Experience in creating & maintaining documentation of Export Compliance controls & processes.
- Experience creating and providing trainings and presentations.
- Experience working with engineering teams, R&D teams and product development systems (e.g. Agile).
- Ability to interface and work well with relevant Government agencies.
- Ability to refine and develop processes to gather the information necessary to classify the products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*