- Serve as primary interface with Country Directors and local staff to implement projects, supported by a Regional Director/Senior Program Manager;
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and funder satisfaction;
- Assist with review and approval of field expense reports, wire requests, vendor and consultant payments etc.;
- Responsible for critical review and reporting of project financials in partnership with Finance team;
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, subordinates, consultants at large, and other departments within IFES HQ;
- Assist with program design, knowledge of IFES systems, tools for project implementation and monitoring;
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation team to design/determine program indicators, assist with monitoring to ensure activities are meeting indicators;
- Contribute to knowledge management and thought leadership;
- Troubleshoot project problems, identify and implement creative solutions;
- Monitor pending IFES grant/contract actions and coordinate timely action and response;
- Travel to field office to assist with project activities as needed;
- Participate in proposal development/new initiative process;
- Encourage professional developmental of junior program staff. Evaluate performance of supervisee(s), and provide constructive feedback and proactive management. Provide feedback on project team and project performance;
- Work with HR to source and recruit critical talent, supported by a Regional Director/Senior Program Manager;
- Support the process of designing and implementing sub-awards and monitor progress including reviewing deliverables;
- Contribute, coordinate and ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports;
- Provide input into annual work plans, PMPs, and other programmatic reports;
- Work with Contracts and Grants to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of commodities and services;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide varied support functions and perform moderately complex job duties requiring knowledge of proposal development, program management, donor interface, and research and development initiatives;
- Contribute to program planning, development and management;
- Familiarity with IFES tools, methodology and best practices;
- Manage work activities with internal and external partners to assure achievement of assigned objectives;
- Performance and outcomes are subject to management oversight.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Multi-factor decision-making requiring research and analysis, subject to supervisory guidance;
- Verify and analyze facts, consult with other departments as needed, then implement solutions based on knowledge of procedures, logic, and sound judgement;
- Initiate contact with staff in other departments to exchange detailed, substantive information and coordinate activities necessary to achieve work goals.
- Participate in project budget planning;
- Critical review and reporting of project financials in partnership with Finance.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships, which require highly-developed interpersonal skills, involving active listening, creativity and problem solving, to assure desired outcomes;
- Develop opportunities to improve working relationships and work outcomes with internal and external partners.
- Supervise intern(s);
- Participate in planning and implementing work activities with internal and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development sector, with NGO experience a plus;
- Experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects. Supervisory experience a plus.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Experience with program design and project management;
- Knowledgeable on USAID and non-US based grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures;
- Familiarity with USAID and non-US structure and personnel as well as other international donors;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- English required;
- Proficiency in Macedonian, Serbo/Croat, or Albanian a plus.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*