We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for…
A Foundations and Corporate Relations Manager who will play a key role in researching and securing new funding opportunities from foundations and corporations for general operating support.
In close collaboration with the Vice President as well as the Senior Operations Manager for Development and Communications, the Foundations and Corporate Relations Manager will support the fundraising team to achieve its financial goals in support of our mission.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager for Development and Communications, the Foundations and Corporate Relations Manager will develop an integrated strategy for securing grants, sponsorships, and corporate memberships. The Manager will professionally represent Search with external audiences as required in the performance of day-to-day responsibilities. The Manager will serve as the primary organizational contact for foundation and corporate partners and coordinate all communication with partners. Where relevant to the position, the Manager will also support the VP and Development team in annual and long-term planning for relevant engagement of Foundation and Corporate contacts with global board and membership councils, events, and meetings with executive leadership. Key responsibilities will involve the following:
- Develop an integrated strategy and support systems for expanding Search’s core support from traditional Foundation sources
- Identify and research foundations offering awards or grants for general operating support for organizations who work in peacebuilding, human rights, nuclear non-proliferation, women’s empowerment, youth empowerment, etc.
- Work with the Senior Manager and VP to develop a strategy for each identified foundation, developing contacts as necessary
- Prepare all written and accompanying documentation for letters of inquiry and grant submissions; ensure that all organizational information and statistics are up to date prior to submission
- Maintain a grant application and reporting calendar, deadline tracker, and submitted proposal tracker
- Track donor interactions (i.e. meeting notes, important communications) in CRM database; report regularly on funds received and committed
- Liaise with foundations and other Search departments to ensure the timely disbursement of funds, correct account set up in our financial systems, and timely and appropriate use of funds; ensure compliance on all grant reporting.
- In conjunction with the VP of Development, develop and execute a multi-year integrated corporate fundraising strategy that meets targets established by management
- Advise and consult with country programs on identifying and engaging corporate resources for local activities.
- Personally identity, cultivate, and manage a diverse portfolio of corporate partners
- In collaboration with Development and Communications teams, develop unique ways to introduce corporations to key funding priorities, including major event sponsorship
- Build relationships with key corporate contacts at all levels to advance partnerships
- Tailor proposals, concept papers, and other program materials to the interests of potential corporate partners
- Track donor interactions in CRM database; report regularly on funds received and committed
- Ensure compliance in funds management and reporting.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, International Relations, Communications, Business Administration, or other related fields. Master’s Degree desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in development
- Proven track record of successful proposal writing, foundation and corporate relationship development
- Ability to prioritize, work, and communicate well with others in a dynamic work environment and diverse team
- Superior writing and editing
- Personable, excellent networker and presenter
- A self-starting, detail-oriented, and flexible approach to tasks
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*