SAIC is seeking a Legislative Analyst in support of the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer (ODCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in OSD, performing research, writing, analysis, reporting, liaison and related duties within the Research Analyst Team.
- Monitor actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to ODCMO interests.
- Assist with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on congressional matters.
- Conducting research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Prepare briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to legislative initiatives/proposals.
- Manage and establish procedures and controls for the receipt, handling, tracking, cataloging, classifying, suspense, and retrieval of ODCMO congressional actions.
- Employ, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
• Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
• Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
Clearance Requirement :
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance (No exceptions). Educational Background:
- Master’s Degree preferred with BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- This position requires 1-3 years of experience with the Department of Defense or Congress and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms. Candidates must have in-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or private sector assignments. Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site. Experience in MS Office applications and online research tools is mandatory.
- Extensive background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint is required.
- Understanding of DoD, OSD, JS, and the MilDeps.
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in the DoD or with Congress.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*