This position serves as International Marketing Officer in the Office of Trade & International Relations of the Montana Department of Commerce (MDC) Montana Office of Tourism & Business Development (MOTBD) Business Resource Bureau (BRB). To help Montana businesses pursue domestic and international sales opportunities, the position is responsible for providing technical marketing consultation, assistance, and training; developing and implementing marketing opportunities, projects, promotions, and related activities; conducting international relations activities, including international delegations; representing the Office to Montana business, business and economic development partners, governmental bodies, industry organizations, the media, the public, etc. The position reports to the International Trade Manager.
Cover Letter and Resume Required
Please make sure these items are attached by checking the box marked "relevant", for each attachment, prior to uploading.
The cover letter and resume must be attached in order to be considered for this position. If the application does not have the required attachments, this will result in your application being considered incomplete and removed from further consideration.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations/Communications or a related field and two (2) years of job related experience in business marketing and/or international trade.
Must have a valid Montana drivers license and the required documents for international travel.
- the concepts and theories of marketing and general business practices, specifically for business-to-business commerce
- Montana industries
- business, state, and federal government operations
- tribal governments and businesses
- international trade practices, including free trade agreements and international financing and insurance
- international market research resources, including trade data, Country Commercial Guides,
- export compliance, including US export controls, export licensing
- export logistics, including Incoterms, harmonized tariff schedules, NAICS codes,
- international business etiquette and protocol
- international travel requirements
- state and federal grant management
- public relations methods
- website design and content development.
- Marketing theory, strategy, planning, and implementation
- Budgeting and tracking results
- Written and verbal communications
- Forming and maintaining relationships with clients, foreign trade offices and representatives, local and state government and economic development entities
- Counseling business entities on marketing and trade practices
- Explaining technical and legal concepts to a variety of audiences
- Analyzing problems encountered by the business community, correctly ascertaining their underlying cause, and suggesting remedies to resolve or eliminate those issues
- Conducting market research not only for the purpose of ascertaining the underlying cause of various problems encountered by businesses, but also for the purpose of proactively assisting businesses in identifying and evaluating new market opportunities and suggesting strategies for penetrating those markets
- Coordinating product promotional projects, including trade shows and trade missions, by the setting of operational timeframes and deadlines, arranging for product shipping and storage, and the preparation of commercial documents
- Soliciting private-sector participation in program events, workshops, seminars, product promotions, and foreign trade shows, including the preparation of promotional materials and direct contact with the businesses
- Addressing private-sector and governmental entities’ concerns or questions regarding marketing issues
- Hosting foreign trade or governmental delegations
- Briefing State of Montana government for international relations purposes, including the preparation of written materials covering significant economic, political, and cultural factors
- Developing and administering educational and training materials and presentations
- Managing sensitive and confidential materials
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications, as well as knowledge of typical business software applications including Adobe design products, and Visual Studios.
- establish effective working relationships with department personnel, state officials, local business and community leaders, US diplomats, foreign business and government officials, and the public
- communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- motivate self and others
- apply successful management techniques and practices
- deal with sensitive issues and difficult people
- deal effectively with cross-cultural differences
- explain national and international marketing theories and issues to groups or individuals unfamiliar with technical, commercial, economic, and governmental programs and operations
- gain the confidence of business and government leaders.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*