TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
In Mozambique, TNS has been providing technical assistance to agribusinesses in sectors with high growth potential since 1998. The country program focuses on the development of industries and crosscutting areas such as entrepreneurship and access to finance. The country portfolio currently includes nine programs working in the seed, cashew, coconut and horticulture industries.
The Associate Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the implementation of a portfolio of projects in Mozambique to achieve programmatic excellence, sound financial management, and contractual compliance. The Associate Program Manager will provide a broad range of programmatic, logistical, and administrative support to Mozambique program staff to assist in implementing projects and programs successfully.
As Associate Program Manager you will:
- Lead Program Directors and Project Managers through an annual exercise of developing work plans that strategically align with projects’ targets, deliverables, and objectives.
- Support Program Directors and Project Managers in updating and refining their work plans on a monthly basis.
- Review and discuss work plans with Program Directors and Project Managers before submitting them to Country Director for strategic review.
Program Management / Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support Program Directors and Project Managers in creating quarterly Project Status Reports that summarize activities, results, and challenges from the previous quarter.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of corporate measurement reports.
- Develop and keep up-to-date a RASCI matrix for each program or project that clearly outlines all program or project-related roles and responsibilities within a matrix management structure.
- Support recruitment and contracting of staff, fellows, and interns, as needed.
- Support Program Directors and Project Managers to develop annual bottom-up budgets that align strategically with work plans, targets and deliverables.
- Hold review meetings with Program teams to ensure expenditures are maintained on-budget and corrective action or budget revisions occur when variances exceed the donor's line item flexibility.
- Support Program teams to update and review their projections on a monthly basis and revise as necessary.
- Ensure financial systems are set up or updated to ensure full financial compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance to programs on their team’s time and expenses charging structure in alignment with the donor budget and the allocation of costs by reporting categories.
Donor Reporting (Technical & Financial)
- Ensure 100% contractual and agreement compliance for donor projects.
- Support budget or contract modification processes, as needed.
- Assist in drafting all donor reports, including annual and semi-annual progress reports, annual plans.
- Liaise with the Southern Africa Regional Finance Analyst to develop all financial reports.
- Develop reports and presentation decks for donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, business administration or other relevant subject and at least 2 years of related professional experience required.
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, research and quantitative skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills including prior experience editing and proofreading documents.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of rural development preferred.
- Proficiency in English and French, Spanish, or Portuguese required, proficiency in Portuguese strongly preferred.
- All applicants must have indefinite U.S. work eligibility at the time of application.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*