This position can be based in New Haven, CT (preferred) or New York, NY.
The Grants Manager enables IPA to discover and promote effective solutions to global poverty by managing a portfolio of private and public grants and contracts within an assigned geographic region (East Africa, West Africa, Asia and/or Latin America). The Grants Manager works closely with Country Directors and Project Teams and members of the Grants, Finance and Legal Teams, to maintain financial oversight over projects and to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Serve as a primary resource for Country Office staff and Project teams on grant awards
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements by tracking the terms and conditions of grants and contracts and monitoring grant periods and spending trends. Work with project teams to secure any award modifications on a timely basis
- Serve as the primary liaison with donors for awards within assigned portfolio
- Review and submit donor financial reports and invoices. Coordinate preparation and submission of technical reports per donor requirements
- Review draft award agreements, negotiate terms with donor and coordinate internal approvals and set up of awards in IPA systems
- Manage the subrecipient process within assigned portfolio in coordination with Project and Legal teams including 1) performing due diligence on potential subrecipients; 2) preparing and negotiating subaward agreements; and 3) monitoring subrecipient performance for compliance
- Support the business development team on proposal and budget preparation as requested, particularly for those involving federal funds
- Ensure the timely processing of all grant closeouts
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, particularly business administration, finance, accounting.
- 4-7 years professional work experience including prior grants management, sponsored research and/or contract administration experience
- Knowledge of federal regulations, particularly USAID and familiarity with basic accounting and financial reporting preferred
- International development experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America helpful
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly in MS Excel and Salesforce, Box and Google applications (Gmail, Drive)
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently; Ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Hands on attention to details with an ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*