Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Intelligence and Security Unit, the incumbent contributes to the activities of the unit in the area of intelligence and security in Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze strategic information on intelligence and security in Africa;
- Draft papers on situations of conflict and crises in African countries;
- Present reports on the development of socio-political, humanitarian and security situations in Africa;
- Analyze strategic information on maritime security in Africa;
- Participate in election observation missions, in coordination with the Department of Political Affairs of the AU and with international partners, and present analytical reports relating thereto with relevant observations and recommendations;
- Participate in activities related to the strengthening of the Peace and Security Architecture of the African Union (APSA) and attend meetings of the Peace and Security Council of the AU;
- Perform any other duties assigned by his supervisor;
Educational Qualification & Work Experience Required:
- University Master's Degree in Social Sciences, Conflict Management, Law or related field from a recognized Institution with 7 years of experience in Intelligence & Security out of which 3 (years) at Supervisory level with a broad and thorough knowledge of the regional mechanisms in the field of Prevention, Management and Resolution of Conflicts in Central Africa.
- University Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Conflict Management, Law or related field from a recognized Institution with 10 years of experience in Intelligence & Security out of which 3 (years) at Supervisory level with a broad and thorough knowledge of the regional mechanisms in the field of Prevention, Management and Resolution of Conflicts in Central Africa. Knowledge on the various doctrines of Intelligence Services and their modus operandi shall be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Have resourcefulness and a good ability to identify problems, develop reports and briefing notes;
- Proven ability to communicate and build collaborative relationships;
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism;
- Have the ability to regularly share the information available on relevant issues
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic or Portuguese). Knowledge of other working languages would be an added advantage.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*