Founded in 2012, The Syria Justice and Accountability Centre (SJAC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting meaningful justice for Syria that holds perpetrators accountable and addresses the grievances of victims, leading to lasting peace and respect for human rights. SJAC recently transitioned from being part of a larger parent organization in April 2017.
SJAC is seeking a Program Associate to provide programmatic and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of SJAC activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative, logistical, and communicationssupport for SJAC
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation, analyzing results to inform project implementation.
- Coordinateresearch, writing, and editing of communications content for SJAC publications, website, and promotional materials.
- Assist with research and/or writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies.
- Support senior staff in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development.
- Draft and monitor consulting agreements, contracts, and subgrants.
- Manage programmatic and financial progress of subgrantees, and ensure compliance with donor and SJAC requirements.
- Track and analyze financial data including program expenditures, program budgets, and grantee and vendor payments.
- Provide logistics and operations support including research, liaising with outside vendors, and arranging travel accommodations for SJAC staff and Board members.
- Process payments according to SJAC’s policies and procedures.
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Middle East Studies, Political Science, or related field.
- Minimum one year of professional administrative experience (including internships) in an international organization or similar institution.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to work under and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be a team player and demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences.
- Experience with principles of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Middle East.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience using Excel.
- Experience in a non-profit setting, working on programs that receive government grants preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Analytics, and Google Forms preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Arabic preferred, but not required.
Work Eligibility Requirements
Candidates should have legal work authorization and be eligible to work in the United States. SJAC is unable to provide any Visa sponsorship.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Please include “Program Associate 2017 – [Your Name]” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*