Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Coordinator, under the guidance of the GSOC Manager, is responsible for monitoring the security of Corning’s employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and alert others regarding all-hazardous threats to the corporation and its employees; these threats may include extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, infrastructure failures, etc.
The GSOC Coordinator also provides alarm monitoring, dispatch communications, emergency response, and incident notifications, including escalation of major incidents to senior corporation management.
Professionally represent Corning Incorporated and the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
• Communicating directly with Corning employees around the world as a primary first-contact/first-report for all questions and concerns pertaining to security
• Gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
• Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to travelers, expatiates, and facility management
• Global monitoring of company assets, including alarm response with dispatch of emergency and/or security services
• Compiling situational and after-action reports for both security and company management
• Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response and business continuity functions
• Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, budget forecasting, and data analysis
• Bachelor’s degree (Business/Political Science/International Relations)
• Or Associate degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong team player with a professional interpersonal style
• Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
• Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
• Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
• Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Sound operational judgment
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
• Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
• Technical writing experience
• 2nd language – Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
The schedule is a 4-week rotating schedule of 11p-7a, 7a-3p, 3p-11p, with every other weekend scheduled off. This schedule is set for the entire year, with short-term swaps available. There is scheduled and unscheduled overtime due to the 24/7 nature of the GSOC operation.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*