Fintrac is seeking a Director for Regional Projects in our Washington DC office. The ideal candidate has extensive USAID project management experience, and has contributed to the design and implementation of agricultural value-chain initiatives in developing countries. S/he will co-lead our Project Management Unit (PMU), which features a $250 million portfolio that spans four continents, and provides oversight to domestic and international staff across multiple operational disciplines. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the senior management team, and must be both strategic and process-oriented in approach, as well as a skilled trainer, facilitator, and team-builder.
- Providing oversight to rotating regional project portfolios (Africa, Latin America, Asia) to optimize workplanning, regulatory compliance, financial management, contractual deliverables, and client responsiveness;
- Providing oversight and building capacity for PMU staff in USAID contract and subcontract management, local grants development, budgeting, USG compliance, and results reporting;
- Building effective multi-disciplinary support service teams across departments and portfolios;
- Reviewing, adjusting, and monitoring multiple project budgets for accuracy and efficiencies; and
- Evolving processes and leading problem-solving initiatives to ensure state-of-the-art project management support.
- 7+ years’ experience managing USAID contracts (e.g. compliance, deliverables, outcomes);
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree strongly preferred;
- Solid local grants management experience;
- Strong budgeting and Excel skills;
- Training, capacity-strengthening, and consensus-building skills;
- In-depth agribusiness knowledge; and
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Spanish fluency; and
- 2+ years in-field experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*