We are seeking an exceptional, entrepreneurial leader to drive socially impactful, evidence-driven projects at IDinsight India. This person would also contribute to strategic decisions, client development, and high-level people development and operations for our India office(s).
IDinsight designs, deploys, and promotes evidence-generating tools that help people eliminate poverty worldwide. We tailor gold-standard methodologies to practitioner needs and enable continuous improvement by using the right tools at the right time. We serve governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially-impactful businesses across many sectors including health, education, agriculture, governance, financial inclusion, energy, and sanitation. IDinsight is a pioneer in using rigorous data to drive development decisions, with recognition from Forbes, Foreign Policy Magazine, PopTech, and Echoing Green, among others.
IDinsight is operating across India with projects in Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Delhi. Our primary India office is in Delhi, with plans to open another office in India (likely Mumbai or Bangalore) in 2018. The India region is poised to continue growing and is pivotal to IDinsight’s Asia presence. This role will be supported by IDinsight’s India Director, the CEO and the rest of the Partner team, and will assume responsibility for driving large pieces of IDinsight’s work and growth in India. • Managing a portfolio of projects (70%): The (Associate) Director will oversee projects, teams, and people in our dynamic India office. This includes driving projects toward achieving social impact, and mentoring and supporting IDinsight’s high-performing staff. • Contribute to IDinsight strategy (10%): The (Associate) Director will be responsible for working closely with the CEO and IDinsight Partners to craft, refine and execute on realizing IDinsight’s strategy in India. • Client development (10%): Meaningful relationships with clients represent the foundation of IDinsight’s model. The (Associate) Director will establish him/herself as an expert and trusted advisor to development leaders to increase program effectiveness and shape evidence-based action in the region. S/he will help design and develop new client engagements in which the data and evidence we generate is used to improve the social impact of our clients’ programs. • Operational support (10%): As a senior leader in the office, the (Associate) Director will contribute to highly efficient IDinsight country operations. The (Associate) Director will be involved in recruitment and hiring as IDinsight India continues to grow, and work with our regional and global operations teams to ensure excellent systems, people, processes, and policies are developed and executed within IDinsight India.
The (Associate) Director will report to and will be supported by the India Regional Director & IDinsight’s CEO. This person can expect to directly manage 5 to 6 IDinsight Senior Managers and Managers (and their respective teams of around 25). IDinsight’s India Operations Director, Global Operations team, and India 1 Exact title dependent on experience of candidate. 2 Senior Finance Manager will also support this role. IDinsight is growing and evolving quickly. We may suggest other suitable roles to candidates who apply, based on the overlap between IDinsight’s needs and candidates’ experience and qualifications.
Career and skill development is a priority for all IDinsight employees. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows for the role to be tailored to individual passions, goals and preferences.
• Deeply passionate about international development and social impact and strongly aligned with IDinsight vision and mission
• Focus on using evidence to improve social impact - fluency in impact evaluation and latest evidence tools a plus
• Advanced degree (Master’s or Doctoral) preferred, preferably in public policy, economics, public administration, business or public health
• Relevant experience in international development, including managerial experience in a developing country (ideally in South Asia).
• Proven ability to be an inspiring leader in a dynamic, multicultural environment
• Record of driving organizational growth especially in building strong stakeholder and client relationships. Plus if experience includes Indian government.
• Thrives in entrepreneurial setting, and able to adapt to dynamic growth and change
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and client management experience
• Willingness to travel as needed and work with remote colleagues
• Lifelong learner with keen intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
Please complete the India (Associate) Director online application form at idinsight.org/careers (requires a cover letter and resume). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled. Cover letter should include an explanation of interest in the role, location preferences, and preferred start date or range. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please direct any questions to [email protected]
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*