Bruegel is recruiting an intern for 6 months, in the Development Team (in charge of raising funds and nurturing strategic partnership for Bruegel). The internship is paid, full time and based at Bruegel’s office in Brussels.
Bruegel offers an interesting and challenging period of learning and working experience in a major Brussels-based think tank, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and outreach related to Economic Policy and European Affairs.
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
- Conduct research on companies, foundations, individuals and other relevant audiences
- Research/analysis on philanthropy and other think tanks activities/best practices
- Support in the application of EU funding opportunities
- Enter and maintain contact information in the database
- Provide occasional support in the logistics of Bruegel events
- Provide support in preparing communication materials
- Schedule and prepare external meetings
- General Administrative support
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in economics, business administration, marketing, political science, social sciences or equivalent.
- Interest in economic policy, business organisation and development and knowledge of European affairs.
- Previous experience in fundraising, in other think tanks and foundations is welcome.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting in February 2018.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organised and capable of multitasking and working efficiently and autonomously.
- Strategic thinking and critical assessment of new opportunities as well as spirit of initiative is an important part of the work.
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, knowledge of another language is an asset
- Computer literate, willingness to explore new functionalities in customer relationship management application.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*