With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
Population Services International (PSI) seeks a Program Manager for a newly established, Global Fund Management Unit (GFMU). The Program Manager should have management and international experience, both with Global Fund and other donors, relevant language skills, and be capable of thoroughly understanding and successfully implementing international health programs through Global Fund Principal Recipient grants.
Sound like you? Read on.
- The Program Manager, will lead recruitment and onboarding of staff to assure adequate strategic and programmatic management and oversight to a portfolio of PSI’s Principal Recipient (PR) grants.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the Global Fund in Geneva, primarily the Secretariat staff in the Grant Management Division, i.e. “the Country Team”
- Serve as the point of contact for a portfolio of PSI country teams on GF issues; serving as gatekeeper for incoming requests and correspondence.
- Lead a team that supports a portfolio of PSI Country Representatives and Global Fund in-country Project Management Unit (PMU) directors and their teams on all programmatic aspects of the project lifecycle and grant implementation.
- Lead process and systems improvements to increase efficiency and quality of work across the network and manage the project lifecycle for a portfolio of PR grants including coordination of grant making and reprogramming efforts, project kick off and capacity building of staff, tracking of all PR programmatic and financial deliverables and ensuring deadlines are met with submission of a high-quality product.
- Assure quality programmatic and financial oversight of PSI’s sub recipients, reinforcing adherence to Global Fund grant terms and regulatory requirements, while working closely with the Grants and Contracts Department to ensure compliance.
- Liaise closely with the GFMU Finance Manager and PSI’s Finance and Accounting department to assure optimal financial oversight and management of PR grants.
- Assist Senior Program Manager in the maintenance of a knowledge management system to include collection and dissemination of best practices for a consistent approach across PSI’s Global Fund projects.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant graduate degree (MPH, MBA, etc.) or commensurate experience
- At least five years of experience at PSI managing and implementing programs in the field and PSI/W,
- Intimate knowledge of and experience working with GF policies, grant making and program implementation (both pre- & post- NFM) at PSI; multi-country experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record managing subrecipients
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including strong influencing skills and the ability to set strategic direction for the GF portfolio
- A keen sense of urgency and strong work ethic, positive mindset, and comfort with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic and bureaucratic environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments and with both “dotted” and “solid” line reporting and communication relationships
- Proven capacity for high-profile organizational representation and negotiation
- Fluency in English and French
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25%)
What Sets You Apart
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. You feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say and can effectively interact with senior management.
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Strong leader and team player. You invest in your team by taking mentorship and staff growth and development seriously. We want a leader with a team attitude who encourages the department through both easy and tough tasks.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*