CRDF Global is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager (SPM) to function as the Biosecurity Engagement Program (BEP) team lead. The SPM and BEP Team Lead is responsible for leading the BEP team and managing a portfolio of grant agreements constituting the BEP program. BEP is the program of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation. CRDF Global is one of the key implementers supporting BEP implementation. The BEP mission is to reduce the risks posed by biological threats, to engage life scientists and to combat biological threats worldwide by providing assistance to improve biosecurity, biosafety, pathogen surveillance, and infectious disease surveillance and response. In every country where BEP is active, the overarching goal is to work with governments, scientists, and other stakeholders to build sustainable capacity for biosecurity, biosafety, disease surveillance, and cooperative scientific research.
The BEP Team Lead has strong staff management and team leadership experience as well as extensive expertise to apply best program or project management practices in every-day operations. S/he has experience successfully managing high-impact international programs, including in challenging and low-resource environments. BEP Team Lead works closely with the CRDF Global Client Relationship Manager and BSPA Director, and contributes to building and developing relationship with the client, the U.S. Department of State.
- Manage BEP team and BEP program scope, schedule and budget across all active grant agreements (GAs):
- Manage goal setting and staff performance
- Develop staff and appropriately apply staff’s talents
- Ensure team’s compliance with GAs (e.g. SOW, reporting, etc.), client’s requirements and internal SOPs
- Develop and get client’s approval to implement non-SOW projects
- Manage program schedule to complete implementation of GAs within the original periods of performance (POPs)
- Manage program finances to expend GAs’ budgets within original POPs
- Recognize revenue and accomplish (or exceed) annual CRDF Global BEP budget target; work closely with the BSPA Director and other BSPA Team Leads to accomplish (or exceed) BSPA budget targets
- Work closely with OpSupport to facilitate BEP program implementation
- Work closely with other team leads, management (including CRDF Global’s Jordan office) and strive for consistent high-quality service delivery to the U.S. Department of State; discuss, contribute to and/or lead resolution of issues and grant agreement implementation challenges
- Continue and grow relationship with the U.S. Department of State’s BEP staff
- Lead annual CRDF Global BEP proposal development efforts; hold primary responsibility for submitting high-quality proposals and securing funding renewals and program growth
- Hire and train new staff, as necessary
- Work with the BSPA Director, executives and management across the organization to seek new ways to advance CRDF Global mission and accomplish organizations’ strategic objectives
- Stay current on key developments around the world affecting CRDF Global program implementation
- Represent CRDF Global at external events (e.g. scientific and business conferences), make presentations and interact with attendees to educate them about CRDF Global
- Participate in organization-wide growth and capture efforts
- Participate in process improvement/development
- Ensure reporting staff’s compliance with CRDF Global policies and rules
- Ensure reporting staff’s contribution to the organization’s and practice area’s progress towards the strategic goals and objectives
- Take on other tasks as assigned by BSPA Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of work experience, including
- 3-5 years of staff/team management experience
- 5 years of program management experience; experience managing international programs is preferred
- 5 years of experience managing U.S. government contracts and/or grant agreements
- Thorough understanding of federal grant or contract rules and regulations
- Strong program and project scheduling and management expertise; knowledge and application of best project and program management practices in every-day operations
- Strong program financial management expertise and skills, i.e. budget development and tracking, forecasting, resource allocation and management
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds at all levels
- Excellent communication skills: active listening, effective speaking, and clear & concise writing
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to generate concepts, take ambitious ideas and break them into manageable, creative, ambitious new projects
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically
- Eligibility to obtain security clearance
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.