IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Title: Principal Researcher
The Principal Researcher leads a service catering insight on North American oil and gas markets to financial clients. His primary role will be to manage the daily operations of a service providing a perspective on oil and gas developments across North America and throughout the energy value chain. Scope of responsibilities would include ownership of client relationships, presentations for financial services clients, and writing original research.
General Job Duties:
· Manage daily workflow for EnergyView North America service focusing on US and Canada commodity markets, oil and refined products, gas and natural gas liquids and LNG market issues and market fundamentals.
· Publish reports, field client requests, and write original research.
· Articulate key industry issues, insights, and market outlooks via written reports and presentations.
· Responsible for client satisfaction and growth of client subscription base.
· Professional experience in oil or gas market analysis or consulting are preferred (3-5 years of experience in relevant fields).
· Experience in client communication, presentation of ideas, and business development.
· Superb written and oral presentation skills in English. Strong quantitative skills and advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
· Bachelor's degree in economics, political science, international relations or related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
· Ability to work well in a team oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
· Highly organized, creative and proactive to ensure deadlines are met consistently with high quality output.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*