The Director of Development, UK, leads IWPR's fundraising efforts in the UK, under the supervision of the Global Director of Business Development and Fundraising and in line with the organization's development strategy. S/he will have a particular focus on European funding and will represent IWPR to government agencies and targeted potential donors in the private sector across Europe. S/he will develop new/and or continuing programing opportunities by building partnerships with international nongovernmental organizations, conceptualizing projects and programs, and building relationships with key potential private donors in the private sector.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to plan, launch, manage and successfully complete fundraising campaigns;
- Prioritize and achieve fundraising goals;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments to lead the development of compelling fundraising proposal, concept notes and other fundraising materials;
- Set up and manage effective database management systems and procedures to administer a gifts program and oversee institutional grant management;
- Prepare and give clear and engaging presentations to donors;
- Think creatively in designing new programing and fundraising initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience securing government, foundation, and corporate and private grants and independent gifts, including researching, soliciting and stewardship of donors;
- Extensive knowledge of statutory grants, lotteries, corporate giving schemes and other potential sources of funding;
- Significant experience in navigating complex government funding agencies in the UK and Europe, as well as completing government grants applications;
- Proven experience in developing program budgets;
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, marketing, journalism, or related field;
- Minimum of ten years' experience. Experience in field program implementation a plus;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*