Girl Up is “by girls, for girls” – girl-led and girl-driven - and engages girls to take action to achieve global gender equality and change our world. Through our leadership development programs, Girl Up inspires, convenes, trains and connects girls globally, helping to position them as leaders and changemakers. With more than 700,000 supporters, Girl Up leaders are a proven force for social good. Girl Up is hosted at the United Nations Foundation, working across a global community of partners to achieve gender equality worldwide.
The Administrative Assistant leads all administrative & logistical efforts on behalf of Girl Up including processing contracts, payments, and grant agreements for the campaign. The Administrative Assistant will also manage expenses, scheduling and travel support for the Co-Executive Directors and Director, Programs & Impact, Girl Up. The Administrative Assistant will serve as frontline customer service for all Girl Up supporters.
The Girl Up Administrative Assistant is a member of the Girl Up team. The Associate works closely with all members of the Girl Up team and other UNF departments and programs such as Finance, BSBR, Operations, Advocacy and Girls & Women. S/he reports to the Co-Executive Director, Girl Up.
General Team Support
- Help with mailing/shipping
- Serve as the point of contact for UNF staff as well as external partners in scheduling meetings;
- Support all vendor requirements and communication for Girl Up events and program needs;
- Process all financial aid requests for program participants;
- Handle all scheduling items, including domestic and international travel, meetings, events and other tasks associated as needed by Girl Up leadership;
- Organize meetings and conference calls, taking minutes as needed;
- Assist with briefing notes, memos and internal and external correspondence as directed;
- Routinely update and maintain Co-Executive Directors’ contact databases on Outlook;
Budget and Contract Management
- Assist the Co-Executive Director in managing the contract, grant, and fiduciary portfolio for the team:
- Work with BSBR to draft contracts, grant agreements, MOUs, LOIs and amendments;
- Work closely with the BSBR and the Finance team to process UN/UNFIP grants;
- Work with Finance and BSBR to process bills and invoices, execute contracts. Monitor disbursements and troubleshoot as needed;
- Support the management of the budget, do monthly budget categorization, track expenses, and process payments in a timely manner;
- Prepare monthly American Express and other expense reports for Girl Up leadership.
- College degree required;
- One to two years working experience in organizing and/or youth engagement; additional partnerships and/or administrative experience is a plus;
- Acute eye for detail and superb organizational skills;
- Experience in managing long-term projects as well as demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks;
- An interest in youth leadership, global development and the work of the UN Foundation, gender equality a plus;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to engage a wide range of individuals including high-level
- executives, partners and young professionals and youth participants;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizational structure – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills;
- Stress tolerance, resilience and ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience in Salesforce a plus;
- Dependability, openness and flexibility.
- Self-starter with strong entrepreneurial spirit;
- Commitment to international, women’s or youth issues;
- Ability to travel at least 10%;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
- Ability to meet regular attendance / tardiness policy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org