EU SME Centre is recruiting for its Marketing and Communications team an Intern m/f. The intern will be based at the EUROCHAMBRES office in Brussels.
What does the position entail?
- Support with the EU SME Centre’s visibility and outreach in Europe;
- Identify China-related activities such as events, seminars, trainings, workshops etc. in all EU Member States and include them into the common internal calendar
- Help build on the Centre’s strong partnership network and drive revenue-generating activities including engaging in direct marketing by reaching out to intermediary organisations such as Chambers, Associations, Federations and Trade Promotion Organisations for promotional/recruitment purposes;
- Coordinate outreach efforts with relative initiatives in Asia, in order to identify synergies and areas for collaboration;
- Work closely with European stakeholders and other Member State government bodies, keeping them up-to-date with recent developments/activities/events
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team in Beijing, ensuring the uniformity of the EU SME Centre brand throughout Europe;
- Write media articles, and take part in the Centre’s social media platforms;
- Support with technical reporting, including providing (qualitative and quantitative) evidence of all actions undertaken;
- Support with financial reporting;
- Identify key EU officials and MEPs and their committee’s respective meeting schedules so as to join the meeting and update them and encouraging them to visit the EU initiatives on the spot;
- General administrative tasks.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and international team;
- Invaluable experience of the European and international affairs scene in Brussels;
- Exposure to some of the biggest challenges to business in Europe and China;
- Contact with senior decision-makers in the institutions.
- Hands-on mentality and a commercial mindset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other EU-languages are a strong asset;
- Experience in marketing and sales;
- Experience in working with China;
- Despite this not being a policy job, a keen interest in the EU economic policy including strong background of EU-China economic relations;
- Political, economic and intellectual curiosity.
The EU SME Centre offers a unique professional experience to young graduates looking to gain first-hand experience on EU projects. An internship position is vacant starting 1 February 2018, for a period of three months (renewable once). The internship foresees a monthly €782 allowance as well as daily luncheon vouchers.
If you are interested, please send your CV, along with a cover letter explaining how you could contribute to our work to [email protected] 8 January 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org