The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The Director of Development will successfully build and implement the development strategy of the organization. He/she will have 5-to-8 years of experience managing a team, successfully identifying public and private funding sources; writing winning federal, state and foundation funding proposals; and cultivating and growing our individual donors. This position reports to the Acting Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and strengthen individual donor base systems including tracking, thanking and communicating with donors in order to cultivate larger gifts;
- Liaise with the Development Committee of the Board to coordinate efforts and use data driven approaches to meet goals;
- Coordinate with program and field office Directors and executive leadership to monitor and respond to federal, state and foundation funding opportunities in a coordinated fashion reflecting the agency priorities;
- Work closely with the Director of Government & Community Relations to devise and implement marketing and campaign strategies for fundraising, advocacy efforts and other coordinated communication to donors and the public in line with agency branding;
- Manage agency annual giving campaigns and support field office charitable events planning (e.g. social events, fundraising, Friend-raisers and other events throughout the year);
- Support, create or maintain strategic partnerships with external and stakeholders for programs support, new programs and cultivating major gifts;
- Respond in a timely manner to donor, funder and partner inquiries, including managing shared email inboxes; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in development, successful federal grant writing, professional fundraising, and cultivating successful relationships with foundations and other public and private funders;
- Experience working with international and federal agencies, such as Department of Health and Human Services, Department of State, USAID and private foundations;
- Working knowledge of the entire proposal process; must have demonstrated track record of writing successful grant proposals;
- Experience with donor management software, DonorPerfect or equivalent; WordPress; MailChimp and other data management systems;
- Strong communications and writing skills in collaboration with others; impeccable attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, DonorPerfect or other donor relations database;
- Self-starter with ability to work well in a team, can juggle multiple priorities, and meet regular deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail, must be highly flexible, and ability to keep multiple assignments moving forward;
- Ability to leverage current strengths of the current development team and help develop staff including clarifying roles and responsibilities; and
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands; and
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org