Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
We currently have an opening for a Project Assistant in our Marlborough, Massachusetts office. This position supports Tetra Tech’s growth in the international government and military services market, specifically relating to infrastructure projects worldwide.
Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of infrastructure engineering.
- Support project implementation for overseas projects funded by the US government with a focus on Department of Defense that will include assistance on project reports, document and file controls, coordination with internal Tetra Tech groups (finance, contracts, human resources, engineering and technical), and coordination with other Tetra Tech units in the US and abroad;
- Prepares technical specifications supporting the engineering staff;
- Schedules and organizes departmental activities, such as meetings, conferences, and departmental activities in coordination with department managers;
- Attend meetings and prepare notes/action items;
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates the Central File system, electronic or hard copy;
- Maintains databases as needed including professional licenses and memberships;
- Prepares electronic expense reports for senior staff;
- Coordinates the production of reports and design documents with our internal printing staff;
- Conducts research on employee events, and other tasks related to the development of culture and employee welfare;
- Support business development in proposal writing, preparation of resumes, descriptions of past performance and internal marketing;
- Various writing assignments including preparation of project success stories and marketing materials.
- This individual must have a bachelor’s degree and have an interest in international relations, engineering, or a related field;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with consistent follow-through;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software (Word, Excel, Project, Access and Powerpoint);
- Knowledge of SpecsIntact Software desired;
- Willingness to travel overseas for short term durations;
- Previous military experience a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org