Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Indonesia. The project is expected to assist the Government of Indonesia and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to address factors that push and pull Indonesians into Violent Extremist Organizations (VEOs). USAID seeks outcomes in which Indonesian society and key institutions are better able to counter the threat of VEOs. In pursuit of these outcomes, USAID will focus on the following three areas: (i) Community resilience to radicalization and VEO recruitment; (ii) Reintegration of VEO members and sympathizers into mainstream Indonesian society; (iii) Indonesian labor migrants’ resilience to recruitment by VEOs.
The COP is to be based in Jakarta and will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the CIT Division or his designee.
- Key institutions are better able to counter threat of VEOs;
- Society’s resilience to VE is strengthened;
- Programs are designed and implemented to address the vulnerabilities of at-risk populations, including labor migrants, VEO sympathizers, and returning fighters.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with donor regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working on programs on local governance, community cohesion and/or civic engagement programs, ideally in a peacebuilding or conflict-affected setting;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working on a program with a CVE component is highly desirable but not required;
- Previous experience working in Southeast Asia is strongly desired; experience working in Indonesia would be a key asset;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Fluency in English and Bahasa required; fluency in local languages preferred;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org