This position is primarily responsible for creating, writing and managing all communications across the Council of American Ambassadors' (CAA's) online and print platforms. The individual must work well in a small office environment, manage multiple projects and be a self-starter. The position also includes some administrative support as needed, particularly in the areas of programs and membership. Press placement experience a plus.
- Develop strategies and generate content for CAA's social media presence
- Produce and promote CAA's international affairs podcast, CAA Live!
- Coordinate all production (including author solicitation and follow-up) and distribution details for The Ambassadors REVIEW, CAA's semi-annual journal of foreign affairs articles
- Solicit and curate Ambassadors Perspectives, CAA's online forum for commentary
- Maintain CAA's website
- Develop online and print materials for CAA's conferences and international missions
- Assist CAA's Executive Director with CAA program initiatives--including conferences, roundtable discussions, fellowships and international missions--and membership outreach.
- Strong communications, writing and social media skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Responsible for meeting deadlines
- Interest in international affairs
- Experience with MS Office, Twitter, Facebook, EventBrite, WordPress, MailChimp, preferred
- 2-3 years of communications experience
Health Insurance, 403(b) Plan and 2 weeks paid vacation
Email cover letter and resume (together as one PDF file attachment) to [email protected] and note "Communications Manager" in the email subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org